Friday, February 28, 2014

Pray for May

During the summer months, travel costs to China skyrocket, blowing our travel budget to bits.
 
Pray for May.
 
At this point in our "paper pregnancy", May would be the earliest we would travel.  It is so hard to bear even missing one more day of our children's lives.  Kalli just turned two, and Oliver turns four next week.  If the absolute best scenario for our paperwork being processed gets us to China in May at the soonest, then that is what we are praying for. 

Pray for May.
 
I stated at the very beginning this blog had a couple purposes.  Encouraging others to adopt is primary, but we also hoped to educate those unfamiliar with the adoption process.  We wanted to give insight and updates on this bumpy road. 
 
This is our reality right now - we have been really struggling with the wait for several weeks.  Once all our paperwork was notarized and authenticated and mailed to China, the average wait is 60 to 70 days for something called the "Letter of Seeking Confirmation" or LOA.  We are at Day 93.  We do not appreciate the fact that we are above average.  Ha/ha  That was a joke.  :)
 
I'm not sure why it has gotten so difficult as of late; for whatever reason, it has.  Sunday we had a guest preacher.  He asked the congregation what kind of legacy we were leaving for our children:  a legacy of worry or a legacy of trusting God.  He might as well have been pointing his finger directly at me and said my name before the question.  Guillllltttttyy. 
 
 I made a decision - try to stop all this fretting and email stalking (looking for news from our caseworker).  Show my children already at home that I do trust God.  When my human nature absolutely cannot be suppressed and anxieties and fears kick in, I want them to see me turning to God.  Down on my knees.  Accepting that He is in control.  I want them to see me praising Him in those times when I'm weak, when things don't seem easy or fair.
 
That is where we are right now in this sometimes arduous experience.  We're leaning on him, praying for May!  Will you pray with us?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment