Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Smile! (Photo Fundraiser)

What an honor to photograph families!  I set out in this fundraiser full of nerves.  I am not a professional, but have been studying photography for a couple years.  Not a lot, but when I am able.  I do at least three photo shoots per year (one for each child's birthday), but it's different when you are photographing your own family.  My confidence was low, but I was willing to make a good faith effort.  I ended up having such an amazing time with four special families, from two to eleven members!!  It was incredibly fun. 
 
The part I treasure most is what I was able to see through my camera's eyes.  Zooming in and studying faces more closely than normal, I saw the brilliant colors in the eyes looking back at me.  Small dimples in cheeks that I had never noticed brought the smiles in my frame a whole new light and personality.  I saw love reflected in the tender glances between couples.  Laughter spilled from the faces as these families enjoyed one another's company.  I was so blessed to be a witness to the bond these families share!  Every life is a story, and each person holds unique memories and lessons that make them who they are.  I feel like I was able to glimpse a little deeper into those stories, and was just overwhelmed by the beauty there.  Here are some of my faves of the beautiful families I was able to photograph.  Families who helped us raise another
$410
for our son and daughter!  I cannot wait to make memories with Oliver and our little girl, and find all the beauty in their little faces and lives!  Thank you to the Basham Family, Parrish Family, the Hunt Family, the Fuqua Family, the Williams Family, and my Mom and Dad!!

Mom and Dad
 
 Parrish Family
 
Kim & Blayne
 

Fuqua Family
 
Basham Family 
 
 
 
The Williams Family
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment